Sausage, Pepper and Cauliflower Fried Rice
This hearty paleo cauliflower fried rice is brimming with textures and flavor. A nutritious blend of cauliflower, bell peppers, garlic, onion and smoked sausage is tossed with spices for a downright delicious dinner ready in just 20 minutes!
Ingredients list for the Sausage, Pepper and Cauliflower Fried Rice
- 1/2 cauliflower head, cut into small florets
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 9 ounces smoked sausage, sliced (not ground sausage)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne pepper, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika, optional
- Fresh parsley, chopped
1. In a food processor, reduce cauliflower florets to a rice consistency, then nuke for 7 minutes in the microwave with 2 tablespoons water. Set aside.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add sausage and cook until browned on both sides, about 5 minutes. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
3. In the same skillet with 2 tablespoons olive oil, add the peppers and onion, and saute for 4-5 minutes. Add garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper, cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add about 1/2 cup of chicken broth and whisk to combine. Allow the mixture to simmer for 1 minute, then add the paprika and cayenne.
4. Stir in the cooked cauliflower rice and sausage until combined. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, if necessary. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Source : eatwell101.com