Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars
Creating a delicious and perfect-from-the-oven Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bar has never been easier!
Sometimes life just calls for ooey-gooey-falls-apart-in-your-mouth chocolate bars. I may be in the minority, but I tend to prefer a slightly under-done bar… one that is best eaten with a spoon. One that is amazing on its own but even better when friends and family can join together around the baking pan with a fork in hand. Have you ever done that? Just let the kids dig in with a fork? It is a bonified memory-maker… one of those things that the kids never forget and will definitely ask for again!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175 degrees C). Prepare a 9x13-inch baking pan with baking spray, parchment, or the butter/flour method.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (can also use hand-held mixer) beat the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until well mixed, about 3 minutes.
- Add in eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- With mixer on low, add in the vanilla extract.
- Remove bowl from stand mixer and add in salt, baking soda, baking powder, flour, rolled oats, plus semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Stir by hand to moisten all ingredients.
- Spread 1/2 mixture into the prepared baking pan. Pour milk chocolate chips on top of mixture. Carefully press remaining cookie mixture on top of chocolate.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 24 to 30 minutes.
- Let cool in the pan for about 5 minutes before cutting into bars.
Source : iambaker.net/