Hot Pimento Cheese Dip
A melted blend of savory cheeses, a few spices, and sliced pimentos make this Kentucky Derby appetizer an easy crowd-pleasing favorite. Pimento cheese dip is best served with mild crackers or crisp green veggies for dipping.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard
- 1 pinch salt to taste
- 1 pinch black pepper to taste
- 2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced pimentos drained
- 1/2 cup green onion chopped
- crackers or veggies for dipping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a shallow baking dish with cooking spray, then set aside.
- Using a stand mixer (or a hand mixer + large bowl), beat mayonnaise, cream cheese, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, ground mustard, salt, and pepper on medium-high speed until mostly smooth, about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove bowl from mixer and add cheddar cheese, pepper jack cheese, pimentos, and green onion to bowl. Use a spatula to gently fold all the ingredients together until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour cheese mixture into prepared baking dish and gently smooth out the top so that it's flat.
- Bake dip for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve dip immediately with crackers or veggies for dipping.
Source : homemadehooplah.com