Healthy Lettuce Shrimp Avocado Salad
Healthy lettuce Shrimp Avocado Salad – Fresh and delicious, this chunky shrimp salad with lettuce and avocado is a healthy and light meal, perfect for lunch or any night of the week. It takes only 15 minutes to put together and oozes creamy avocado and spicy flavors. Enjoy!
Ingredients list for the Lettuce Shrimp Avocado Salad
- 1 lb. (450g) shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green onion, sliced
- Fresh chopped cilantro
The Old Bay dressing
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon low sodium Old Bay seasoning, plus more for serving
- Kosher salt (optional)
1. Make the dressing: Whisk together mayo, Sriracha, lime juice, Old Bay, and 1 teaspoon water. Season with salt, if desired.
2. In a large bowl or shallow plate, seasoning shrimp with paprika, cumin, and garlic powder. Stir until well combined.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and cook seasoned shrimp on both sides, stirring occasionally, until opaque and cooked through, about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove to a plate and set aside.
4. Assemble the salad: Add lettuce, bell pepper, onion, green onion, avocado, cilantro and shrimp to a salad bowl. Drizzle with the dressing and toss to combine. Serve immediately with more of the dressing and a sprinkle of old bay seasoning, if you like. Enjoy!
Source : eatwell101.com