Healthy Chicken Pasta Salad with Avocado, Tomato, and Basil
Healthy Chicken Pasta Salad – Packed with flavor, protein and veggies! This healthy chicken pasta salad is loaded with tomatoes, avocado, and fresh basil. If you’re looking for a nutritious salad for lunch or recipes ideas for a potluck, this chunky chicken salad will be one of the best options in your arsenal. Enjoy!
Ingredients list for the Chicken Pasta Salad
- 2 medium cooked chicken breasts, shredded or chopped (we used rotisserie chicken)
- 2 ripe avocados pitted and diced
- 1 pound cooked rotini pasta or similar
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped basil
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large bowl, add the shredded chicken, avocado, onion, avocado, cherry tomatoes, and basil.
2. In a jar, combine the ingredients for the dressing: vinegar, Italian seasoning, Olive oil, salt and pepper.
3. Drizzle the salad with the dressing. Toss gently until all the Ingredients are combined. Serve the chicken pasta salad immediately, or chill for later. Enjoy!
Additional add-ins that go well with this salad include chopped cucumber, crispy bacon, corn, or black beans.
Source : eatwell101.com