Grilled Asparagus & Steak Fajita Roll-Ups
Add a touch of gourmet to your steak dinner with these grilled asparagus and steak fajita roll-ups, full of the bold flavors of the Southwest. This amazing low-carb, paleo version of your favorite steak fajitas ditches the flour tortilla and adds a green touch of Spring with crisp asparagus. Serve with a fresh spin of lemon, cilantro and greek yogurt dipping sauce on the side.
Ingredients list for the Asparagus & Steak Fajita Roll-Ups
- 1 pound (450g) thinly sliced sirloin tip steak
- 1 bunch of asparagus, washed and trimmed
- Fajitas seasoning mix
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Lemon slices, for garnish
The homemade Fajitas seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, or minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian spice mix
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Chopped cilantro, to taste
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
1. Prepare the fajitas seasoning mix by combining chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper and set aside. Combine the ingredients for the yogurt sauce together and set aside.
2. Cut the steak into thin, long strips and rub with some of the prepared fajita mix and set aside.
3. Heat olive oil in a grill pan over medium-high heat and add asparagus; season with salt, pepper, and a sprinkle of the fajitas seasoning mix. Cook for about 4 to 5 minutes, or until crisp-tender. Remove from heat and let cool for a minute.
4. Top each slice of steak with two asparagus; roll up and secure with a toothpick. Heat up the same grill pan and add the steak roll-ups. Cook until browned, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove from heat, remove toothpicks, and transfer to a serving plate.
6. Squeeze lemon juice over the roll-ups and garnish with chopped cilantro and lemon slices. Serve with the prepared yogurt sauce for dipping. Enjoy!
Source : eatwell101.com