ginger fried rice
A bowl of easy fried rice with the goodness of aromatic ginger and garlic that is oh-so-delicious. A Satisfying weeknight meal that’s better than takeout.
- 1/2 cup sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger root, julienne cut
- 4 cups day-old cooked rice (preferably jasmine), at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons tamari sauce, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce, optional
- White pepper, optional
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- In a large skillet, add sesame oil over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and ginger. Stirring occasionally for 30 seconds.
- Pour in beaten eggs and scramble slightly.
- Add the rice, stirring to separate the individual grains. Do not let the rice brown.
- Add the fish sauce and tamari sauce; then adjust your seasonings.
- Continue frying for several minutes till rice is aromatic.
- Add white pepper and green onion, mix well and serve.
Source : simplyhealthyish.com