Garlic Butter Chicken Bites with Lemon Zucchini Noodles
Garlic Butter Chicken Bites with Lemon Zucchini Noodles – Ready for a new chicken dinner winner? Meet these ridiculously easy chicken bites in garlic butter sauce and zucchini noodles. They’re so juicy, tender, and delicious you’ll eat them hot right off the pan! This chicken bites recipe is a real crowd pleaser and paleo, whole30, and keto-friendly. It’s ready in 20 minutes, and you don’t even have to cut up the chicken: Ask the people behind the counter at your grocery store to chop your chicken breasts into chunks. Enjoy!
Ingredients list for the Garlic Butter Chicken Bites with Zucchini Noodles
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 4-5 medium zucchini, rinsed and spiralized (or a pack of store-bought Zucchini Noodles)
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (we used Sriracha)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) low-sodium chicken broth
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- Crushed red chili pepper flakes, optional
- Slices of lemon, for garnish
Fot the Marinade:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (we used Sriracha) or 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1. Slice chicken breasts into bite-sized chunks and combine with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and hot sauce or chili powder, mixing until evenly seasoned. Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to one hour.
2. In the meantime, wash and trim the ends of the zucchini. Using a spiralizer, make the zucchini noodles, then set aside.
3. Bring the marinated chicken bites to room temperature and heat two tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Gently stir-fry the chicken pieces on all sides until golden brown. Remove the chicken bites from the skillet and set aside to a plate. You might have to work in batches to avoid crowding the pan and have steamed chicken instead of browned.
4. In the same skillet over medium-high, add two tablespoons butter, lemon juice, hot sauce, and chicken broth. Bring to a simmer and allow to reduce for 1-2 minutes, stirring regularly.
5. Stir in fresh parsley and minced garlic, then add the zucchini noodles and toss for two to three minutes to cook it up. Allow the cooking juices to reduce for one minute if the zucchini noodles render too much water. Add the chicken bites back to the pan and stir for another minute to reheat. Garnish with more parsley, fresh thyme, crushed chili pepper, and lemon slices and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Instead of broth, you can enrich the dish with dry white wine.
This recipe is intended for a keto friendly diet, so if you want to lighten it up just use 2 tablespoons butter instead of 4.
Zucchini tends to render a lot of water when cooking, so you can sprinkle with salt after spiralizing and allow to sit for a couple of minutes to take off excess water. Rinse well to get rid of salt and drain thoroughly in a colander and pat dry in a kitchen towel before cooking.
Source : eatwell101.com