Creamy Garlic Butter Chicken with Spinach and Bacon
Creamy Garlic Butter Chicken with Spinach and Bacon – Rich, creamy, and hearty, the entire family will love this easy chicken recipe. It has an amazing flavor because of sauteed garlic, bacon, and parmesan that cut through the cream and spinach. You can make this chicken, bacon and spinach recipe on a weeknight right on your stove top. With only 30 minutes of total work, this chicken dinner recipe is simple, fast and delicious – Enjoy!
Ingredients list for the Creamy Garlic Butter Chicken with Spinach and Bacon
- 6 chicken thighs, boneless and skin off (or chicken breast)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1/3 cup chicken broth (or dry white wine)
- Crispy bacon, chopped
- 1 3/4 cups half and half
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Crushed chili pepper flakes, optional
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch (cornflour) mixed with 1 tablespoon of water (optional, if you like a thicker sauce)
1. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season the chicken thighs on both sides with salt and pepper, and sear in the pan for 5-8 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Once cooked, remove chicken from the pan and set aside.
2. Melt the butter in the remaining cooking juices leftover in the pan. Add in the onion and garlic and fry until fragrant (about one minute). Fry the onion in the butter. Pour in the chicken stock (or white wine, if using), and allow to reduce down slightly. Add the crispy bacon and fry for 1-2 minutes to release the flavors.
3. Reduce heat to low heat, add the half and half (or heavy cream), and bring to a gentle simmer, while stirring occasionally. Make sure to lower the heat to avoid the sauce to separate. Add Italian seasoning and season with salt and pepper to your taste.
4. Add in the spinach leaves and allow to wilt in the sauce, and add in the parmesan cheese. Allow sauce to simmer for a further minute until cheese melts through the sauce. For a thicker sauce, add the cornstarch mixture to the skillet, and continue to simmer while quickly stirring the mixture through until the sauce thickens.
5. Add the chicken back into the pan; sprinkle with chili pepper flakes (if using), and spoon the sauce over each chicken thigh. Serve the Garlic Butter Chicken with Spinach and Bacon over pasta, rice or a low-carb favorite like zoodles, cauliflower rice, or steamed veggies.
You can sub bacon with chopped sundried tomatoes for a nice flavor.
Remove chicken thighs from the refrigerator about 15 minutes before cooking to bring them close to room temperature.
Season chicken just before cooking to prevent drawing out moisture and drying out the meat.
Source : eatwell101.com