Chicken Casserole with Asparagus and Mozzarella
Asparagus Chicken Casserole with Mozzarella – So quick and easy to prepare, its a matter of throwing everything into a baking dish and letting the oven do the work for you! This low carb and keto friendly chicken casserole recipe is a perfect meal to enjoy on a weeknight dinner and requires easy to find ingredients.
Ingredients list for the chicken casserole with asparagus
- 2 large chicken breasts, cut in half length-wise
- 16 asparagus stalks, trimmed
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice + lemon zest (zest is optional)
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- Red chili pepper flakes, optional
1. To make this chicken casserole recipe: Arrange oven shelf to the middle of your oven and preheat your oven to 400ºF (200°C). Oil a casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a small bowl, mix together salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika.
3. Arrange chicken breasts on the casserole dish and season chicken with spice mixture.
4. Combine olive oil, lemon juice, and zest. Pour 3/4 of the mixture over the chicken. Arrange the asparagus over the chicken and drizzle the remaining olive oil and lemon juice. Season with extra salt and pepper, if desired.
5. Top with shredded mozzarella cheese and bake for 20 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through or reaches the internal temperature of 165ºF (75ºC). 3 minutes before the end, switch to broil until the chicken is golden and the asparagus is cooked. Garnish with chopped parsley and red chili pepper flakes, and serve immediately. Enjoy!
If using full chicken breasts, bake for 10 minutes more, until done.
Source : eatwell101.com