Cabbage Turkey Meatballs Soup
Cabbage Turkey Meatballs Soup – This delicious cabbage soup with homestyle turkey meatballs is one to savor. It’s low carb, gluten-free, and a good source of proteins and contains a full serving of vegetables per bowl. The perfect meatball soup recipe to cozy up on a chilly evening. Enjoy!
Ingredients list for the Cabbage Turkey Meatballs Soup
- 2 lbs (900g) turkey meatballs (recipe here)
- 1/2 green cabbage head
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne pepper, optional
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup Marinara sauce
- Fresh cilantro or parsley, for topping
1. To make the cabbage turkey meatballs soup: heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat and cook onion, stirring regularly until fragrant and translucent.
2. Add shredded cabbage and give a good stir to coat with oil. Cook for a couple of minutes, stirring from time to time.
3. Add chicken or vegetable broth and marinara sauce, season with pepper, Cayenne and Italian seasoning. Bring the soup to a simmer and cook, semi-covered for 15-20 minutes.
4. Add the cooked turkey meatballs to the cabbage soup and cook for 5 to 10 minutes more. Serve the cabbage turkey meatballs soup with cilantro on top, if you like. Enjoy!
Source : eatwell101.com